Go to ...
RSS Feed

January 19, 2018

Notary Blog: When Your Child is Sick | A Resource

One of my main focuses on this blog is to talk about situations involving Seniors and Senior Care.  As I sit here in this hospital, as I have for several days, I realize that I have neglected to talk about the serious issue of what to do should the minor child of a parent become sick.  Issues such as:

Who is to care for the parent or parents’ other children?
What happens should the unexpected occur and there is a longer than normal hospital stay?
What if your child needs more care than the local hospital can handle?

Exigent circumstances surrounding child care happen too, it’s not only related to adult care. What can you do as a parent to aid in preventing a major calamity?

There are several forms you may want to take a look at.  Where are they found?  You can hover over and click on the links below or you can do a basic ‘Google‘ search yourself.

Temporary Guardianship Agreement
Minor Child Care Power of Attorney
Special Power of Attorney for a Minor
Child Care Medical Power of Attorney

I end this post thinking and praying positive thoughts over the children who are currently in care at hospital facilities all over the nation.  I pray healing over their lives, their parents, caregivers, hospital staff, volunteers and all involved.  May the peace of the Lord be with you.

~State of South Carolina Notary Public and Owner of GreenvilleNotary.com, Sonita M. Leak.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: