What Do You Do When Your Child is Sick? | A Notarial Resource

Original Post Dated: January 20, 2017

(Repost dedicated to John James Powell, my Son-shine.)

‘During the hospitalization of one of my daughters, posted directly from Greenville Memorial Hospital ON LOCATION.  This post is dedicated to my child.’

One of my main focuses on this blog is to talk about situations involving Seniors and Senior Care.  As I sit here in this hospital, as I have for several days, I realize that I have neglected to talk about the serious issue of what to do should the minor child of a parent become sick.  Issues such as:

Who is to care for the parent or parents’ other children?
What happens should the unexpected occur and there is a longer than normal hospital stay?
What if your child needs more care than the local hospital can handle?

Exigent circumstances surrounding childcare happen too, it’s not only related to adult care. What can you do as a parent to aid in preventing a major calamity?

There are several forms you may want to take a look at.  Where are they found?  You can hover over and click on the links below or you can do a basic ‘Google‘ search yourself.

Temporary Guardianship Agreement
Minor Child Care Power of Attorney
Special Power of Attorney for a Minor
Child Care Medical Power of Attorney

Please note that some of the forms above will not fit within the criteria for an executable document in EVERY state.  Do your research on the proper form according to your state.  The information contained herein is for informational purposes ONLY.

I end this post thinking and praying positive thoughts over the children who are currently in care at hospital facilities all over the nation.  I pray healing over their lives, their parents, caregivers, hospital staff, volunteers and all involved.  May the peace of the Lord be with you.

~State of South Carolina Notary Public and Owner of GreenvilleNotary.com, Sonita M. Leak.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.